Available for Pre-Order. This product will be available within a few days.
Join Rondalyn Varney Whitney for this one-day, seminar recording. Rondalyn will teach you how the foundation of our seven senses helps children adapt and respond to the environment around them and how poor processing affects them in all aspects of their lives. Furthermore, you will learn how to use a sensory diet effectively and how to measure functional change using a sensory integrative approach.
Upon completion of seminar recording, you will:
- learn how to use sensory techniques in many different environments
- be able to identify behaviors
- learn how to use sensory strategies to support family quality of life
- recognize when a child needs a referral for occupational therapy
- discover the new categories of sensory processing outlined in the DSM-5®
- acquire a common language and terms to describe SPD
Top 10 Questions That Will Be Addressed
- What should I do when a child is having trouble sitting in a chair?
- How do I use sensory based interventions?
- How do I know if my interventions are following theory?
- How can I use sensory integration techniques across the lifespan?
- What can I do to help children who have to touch and handle everything?
- How does sensory influence learning?
- How can I help children who are hypersensitive to touch?
- What do we know from the research and how it impacts treatment?
- How can I help children who are drooling and chew on everything?
- How do I increase eye contact and joint attention?
- Identify the subtypes of sensory processing disorder.
- Recognize when a child needs an evaluation.
- Describe common behaviors and correlate them to the sensory system that is most likely causing the issues.
- Appropriately identify and implement sensory methods into your professional bag of techniques.
- Explain how the sensory techniques are working.
- Use a sensory diet effectively and measure functional change.
- Sensory Integration vs. Sensory Processing
- How the sensory system effects human development
- Evidence vs. assumptions made about sensory integration
The Seven Senses
- Understand what each system really does and how they interact with other systems
- Basic treatment of each system
Would you like to receive Rondalyn Varney Whitney – Sensory Processing Disorder, Practical Solutions that Work ?
Occupational Therapy and Research
- Problems and solutions
- What we know and how it impacts treatment
- Sensory processing, anxiety and depression
New Nosology of Sensory Processing Disorder
- New categories and how they present in a child – video examples
- Treatment framework for each type
- What it is
- Why we use it
- How to implement exercises and which ones to use
- Measure results
Sensory vs. Behavior
- How to tell the difference
- What are the priorities for change
- Ways to help change behavior