what is GTM, really? Simply calling GTM a Tag Manager can lead to confusion as to what a “Tag” Is and what a Tag Manager’s role Is. We will seek to remove some of this ambiguity and attempt to give a better picture of what is going on with GTM ‘under the hood”
ConversionXL (Jacob Schafer) – Google Tag Manager for Intermediate Level
Class 1: what is GTM, really?
Simply calling GTM a Tag Manager can lead to confusion as to what a “Tag” Is and what a Tag Manager’s role Is. We will seek to remove some of this ambiguity and attempt to give a better picture of what is going on with GTM ‘under the hood”
• • What is an Analytics Tag (and why Is named a Tag?)
• What role does a Tag Management system plays in the codebase
• dataLayer “under the hood”
Class 2: in-depth variables
Variables can give your GTM strategy power and efficlency.Jf used correctly. This class will dive Into using variables more effectively and efficiently to populate data dynamically.
• Variable strategies
• Seldom used variables and their use cases
Class 3: in-depth triggers
Triggers are what make your tags send data. We will look at more advanced ways that triggers can be utilized and how to avoid common pitfalls.
• Overview of triggers
• Advanced triggers and common pitfalls
• Seldom used triggers and how to put them to work
Class 4: advanced tag settings
If you want to get the most out of your tags and tracking, you need to be using advanced tag settings. This session Is an Immersive on doing just that.
• Fields to set
• Advanced Google Analytics configuration
• Advanced tag settings
Class 5: debug and workflow
The order in which you make updates in GTM is vital to minimize the risk of errors and to maximize your time efficiency.
• Workflow when setting up new Google Analytics tags
• Workflow when setting up new Custom HTML marketing tags
• Debugging workflows
Class 6: creating custom libraries
When you want to expand the functionality of GTM, Custom HTML tags are invaluable. This class will walk through how to craft a custom scroll tracking solution in GTM. This lesson will be immediately practical and useful, and you’ll be able to get your hands dirty implementing this solution.
• How Custom HTML tags work
• Scroll Tracking Solution Example
• Browser security and avoiding errors in the browser
Class 7: GTM API
This class will unlock the Google Tag Manager API for you. With the proper knowledge and skill set, the GTM API will allow you to make changes faster and more efficiently.
• Best Use Cases for using the GTM API
• Examples of updates that can be made
• Resources to get started
Class 8: mobile GTM
This class will be a deep dive Into Mobile Apps GTM containers and the key differences from Web GTM Containers
• Flrebase vs. Legacy Containers
• Difference between Web and Mobile
• AMP Containers
You will also get 10 Introductory video lessons
In addition to classes, you’ll get access to snack-size video lessons to bring you up to speed on the course topics. Topics covered include:
1. What’s a tag manager?
2. What’s the difference between GTM & GA?
3. How to create a new GTM account
4. How to install GTM on your site
5. What are tags?
6. What are triggers?
7. What are variables?
8. What is the “dataLayer”?
9. What are workspaces?
10. What are folders?
Read more: https://i.imgur.com/Q0Ce0pm.png