Available for Pre-Order. This product will be available within a few days.
Barbara Neiman – Yoga and Mindfulness for Children and Adolescents
- Strategies for: Completing tasks, managing emotions, increasing attention, communicating and meeting challenges
- Reduce trauma, anxiety, and depression with guided meditation
- Regulate emotions with 6 breathing techniques and reduce impulsive behaviors
- Build self-regulation, self-esteem and confidence
Many of my clients have limited movement quality and repertoire, poor attention, trauma and sensory issues.
When I began to teach clients yoga, developmental movement patterns and simple breathing techniques, they became more integrated in their motor responses and their attention improved drastically!
Trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness created an immediate shift in clients’ body awareness, ability and tolerance. Clients were empowered by tuning into the body to a place of relaxation, control and confidence. Learning mindfulness and yoga reduces stress and increases movement repertoire.
As a therapist, the more I quieted my mind, the more effective I was in teaching my clients to self-pace and access the brain body connection somatically. My work became more successful as the clients felt less stressed and more focused.
Come experience this brain-body seminar and learn trauma-informed yoga strategies for children and adolescents with ADHD, autism, trauma and sensory issues. Learn techniques for attention, following directions, managing emotions, completing daily tasks, socializing and communicating.
- Utilize the elements of relaxing guided meditation for autistic children and young adults.
- Apply engaging yoga activities and breathing in classrooms and clinics.
- Regulate emotion, calm and attention with embodying techniques.
- Apply mindfulness principles to daily life and therapist’s tool box.
- Create successful yoga breaks, circle time, and class transitions using yoga.
- Identify how to utilize trauma-informed yoga principles with clients.
Would you like to receive Barbara Neiman – Yoga and Mindfulness for Children and Adolescents ?
- Research on yoga in schools
- The Brain: Regulate emotions
- Activities to quiet the mind: Reduce trauma with the witness
- Link emotion and attention to breath
- Teach 8 simple yoga principles to kids
- How to adapt and self-pace
- Body Sensing
- Completing Daily Tasks
- Grounding column for ADHD
- The orchestra breath and attention
- Following directions: Mindfulness walking
MANAGE EMOTIONS WITH SELF-REGULATION: WHERE IN MY BODY IS MY REACTION
- Sensory feeling wheel: Reduce panic attacks, anxiety, anger
- Manage PTSD
- Noticing negative thoughts: Shifting pain
COMMUNICATING: SHIFTING MOODS TO WORDS
- Find words with tracing bones
- Shift depression with Mudra’s and Ha breath
- Write mantras for positive thinking
- Thought bubbles: I’m the boss of my thoughts
- Reduce stress: 3-step contemplation
MEETING CHALLENGES: TECHNIQUES FOR CLINICIANS TO STAY STEADY
- Engage kids where they are
- Sensory circle time – preK-5th
- Special needs adaptations
- Reduce behaviors and anxiety
- Guided meditation for autistic young adults
POSES AND ALERTING TECHNIQUES
- Standing and seated poses
- One-foot balance
- Warrior series
TOOLS FOR CALMING THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
- Restorative: Desks and Sensory corners
- Short meditations: Golden Ray
- How to use guided imagery effectively
- Breathing to stillness